What We Believe
10 Truths We Stand On
- We believe that God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has existed from the beginning in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He was born of a virgin and after living a sinless life was crucified, buried, and rose victorious over sin and death. He ascended into Heaven and will return to earth again to reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is now present in the world to make mankind aware of our need for Jesus Christ. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance to do what is right.
- We believe the Bible is God’s word to all people and is indeed relevant today. It is the supreme source of truth for living because it is inspired by God; truth without any mixture of error.
- We believe that we were created to have a personal relationship with God but, because of sin, we were separated from Him. The only way to restore that relationship is through Jesus Christ.
- We believe that prayer is intimate communication with God and the key to accessing all the benefits God has for His children. We practice and encourage prayer corporately, in families, and individually as a priority.
- We believe that community is important. We are called to serve the leaders, businesses, schools, and neighborhoods in the Katy community. We are commissioned by God to pray for and invite others into a personal relationship with Christ and to membership into God’s family.
- We believe that children are a gift from God. We desire to partner with the family to nurture, teach, and protect them because this is the most impressionable time of life. Our goal is for them to grow in Christ-like character.
- We believe that a purpose of the church is to worship God with all our heart, soul, and mind. We do that through dynamic and inspiring music, relevant and life-giving messages, as well as exciting and personal testimonies of praise.
- We believe that the church best fulfills its purpose to impact the world when racial, denominational, and generational barriers are broken down in favor of biblical unity based on the message of Jesus Christ and God’s love for all mankind.