Our Surrender List: Control – Spouse – Family – Job – Time – Treasure
Romans 12:1 the Message So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and surrender it to God as an offering.
GINY – ???? GINY – GUY/GIRL I (Your Pastor) NEED YOU .
2 Corinthians 8:1-5 NLT Now I want you to know, dear brothers and sisters, what God in his kindness has done through the churches in Macedonia. They are being tested by many troubles, and they are very poor. But they are also filled with abundant joy, which has overflowed in rich generosity. For I can testify that they gave not only what they could afford, but far more. And they did it of their own free will. They begged us again and again for the privilege of sharing in the gift for the believers in Jerusalem. They even did more than we had hoped, for their first action was to give themselves to the Lord and to us, just as God wanted them to do.
- Give OWNERSHIP .
- Colossians 1:16 Everything was created through him and for him.
- Give OBEDIENTLY .
- 2 Cor. 8:4-5 the Message They gave offerings of whatever they could—far more than they could afford . . . What explains it was that they had first given themselves unreservedly to God and to us.
- Give WILLINGLY .
- 2 Cor. 9:7 the Voice Giving grows out of the heart—otherwise, you’ve reluctantly grumbled “yes” because you felt you had to or because you couldn’t say “no,” but this isn’t the way God wants it.
- Give JOYFULLY .
- 2 Cor. 9:7 NIV God loves a cheerful giver.
- Give GENEROUSLY .
- 2 Cor. 8:3 NLT For I can testify that they gave not only what they could afford, but far more. And they did it of their own free will.
- Give EXPECTANTLY .
- 2 Cor. 9:6 NIV Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.