Matthew, Mark, Luke and Johnny
Matthew 25:34-40 New Living Translation (NLT)
“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’
“Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’
“And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’
Mark 10: 45-46 New Living Translation (NLT)
For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
Then they reached Jericho, and as Jesus and his disciples left town, a large crowd followed him. A blind beggar named Bartimaeus (son of Timaeus) was sitting beside the road.
Luke 18: 15-16 New Living Translation (NLT)
One day some parents brought their little children to Jesus so he could touch and bless them. But when the disciples saw this, they scolded the parents for bothering him.
Then Jesus called for the children and said to the disciples, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children.
John 12: 25-26 The Message (MSG)
“Listen carefully: Unless a grain of wheat is buried in the ground, dead to the world, it is never any more than a grain of wheat. But if it is buried, it sprouts and reproduces itself many times over. In the same way, anyone who holds on to life just as it is destroys that life. But if you let it go, reckless in your love, you’ll have it forever, real and eternal.
“If any of you wants to serve me, then follow me. Then you’ll be where I am, ready to serve at a moment’s notice. The Father will honor and reward anyone who serves me.
Great Service is a choice
- Mark 10:45 For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
Great Service surprise people
- Luke 18:16 Then Jesus called for the children and said to the disciples, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children.
- Luke 5:12-13 In one of the villages, Jesus met a man with an advanced case of leprosy. Jesus reached out and touched him. “I am willing” he said. “Be healed!”
Great Service goes the extra mile
- Matthew 5:41 If someone forces you to walk with him for a mile, walk with him for two instead.
Great Service comes from the heart
- John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.