A Spiritually Diseased Heart
- Is a HARD heart
- Hebrews 3:12-13 NLT Be careful then, dear brothers and sisters, make sure that your own hearts are not evil and unbelieving, turning you away from the living God. You must warn each other every day, while it is still “today,” so that none of you will be deceived by sin and hardened against God.
- Is a HINDERED heart
- Luke 8:14 NLT The seeds that fell among the thorns represent those who hear the message, but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the cares and riches and pleasures of this life. And so they never grow into maturity.
- Is a HATEFUL heart
- Leviticus 19:17-19 “Do not nurse hatred in your heart for any of your relatives. Confront people directly so you will not be held guilty for their sin. “Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against a fellow Israelite, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.”
A Spiritually Healthy Heart
- Is a SOFT heart
- Matthew 12:7 the Message If you had any idea what this Scripture meant—‘I prefer a flexible heart to an inflexible ritual’—you wouldn’t be nitpicking like this.
- Is a SINCERE heart
- Hebrews 10:22 NLT Let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting him. For our guilty consciences have been sprinkled with Christ’s blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water.
- Is a SURRENDERED heart
- Romans 12:1 the Message So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and surrender it to God as an offering.